Sunday, February 17, 2013

Miracles of Manna and Mascara


I used to love weekends. Rick, Ella and I were all together, hanging out, exploring and making memories. The last three weekends have been the longest. weekend. ever. We're still hanging out, exploring, and making memories, but in the back of mind (or at the very front, it depends on the moment) I can't seem to shake the fact that I am waiting. Waiting for results. What used to seem to fly by in an instant now crawls by in slow-motion. Never before have I so wished for Mondays!

This past Friday I went to work. I was looking for normalcy, and nothing screams normal more than a 9-5 work day. Or in my case, 6-2. I called the surgeon's office to make sure they had my cell number. I called the MRI department to see if the MRI had been read yet. No, not yet. I talked with those of my co-workers that had heard. I told some others. One coworker asked if I had talked with the Radiologist on for the day, he was after all the Medical Director of Radiology. So we talked with him and he was going to look into it and make sure it was read by the end of the day. I knew that wouldn't change my weekend of waiting though.

On my lunch break I read some more in Exodus.  I'm a couple chapters behind in my reading plan for reading through the Bible in 40 days. I love Exodus. I love how story after story, God showed up for the Israelites in BIG ways.  The parting of the Red Sea is something I am going to ask to see footage of when I get to heaven.  Can you imagine?  And manna.  Seriously, how could it get any better?  I’m going with the assumption that it tasted like honey.  And the only thing better than honey is maple syrup!  Buddy the Elf has nothing on my love for maple syrup.  Every single need the Israelites had, God met it.  And then some.  As a God that doesn’t change, he’s still in the business of providing for our every need.  And then some. 

I picked Ella up from school.  This is my favorite part of the day.  I love to see her bounce down the steps and put her folder in her backpack, gather her stuff and then I just wait for her spill the details of the day.  I listened as we drove home.  I pulled into the driveway and noticed a little bag sitting on the step.  I read the note that came with it, and I started laughing so hard that I started crying.  I could not stop the tears!  God is creative and isn’t going repeat the same miracles over and over again.  So I may not have received manna, but I got something better! I got waterproof mascara!


 
Sue introduced herself, reminding me of who she was.  I know who you are, Sue!  I don’t think the women in the Wednesday morning Bible study realize that I am serious when I say that I pray for them.  Yes, some prayers may be generalized for my Wednesday Women, but I also pray for each one by name.  So, formalities out of the way, she said…”while reading your blog, I wondered how I could help.  Then I came across your entry that said you would like to find some waterproof mascara…alas, a way I can help…I am a Mary Kay consultant!”  Thank you, God, for Mary Kay ladies!  Sue’s gift was just a reminder that God meets all of our needs, and then some! 

No comments:

Post a Comment